Sunday 30 July 2017

Happy Cats is finished

I have finished my Happy Cats baby quilt. It measures 35" x 45", a useful size which can be used initially as a floor quilt for tummy time and kicking on, it's good for snuggling with Mummy and then can be used on the cot or as a topper on a toddler bed.

I have used quite different colours in this quilt, mostly driven by the navy and cream background small cats fabrics. Everything came from stash. I managed to use a blue and white fabric I had, extending it with a fawn with tiny white dots so that it was large enough for the backing.  I used the same fabric for the binding.

I made this quilt really quickly.  I cut out fabrics on 8th July and by 28th July it was completed!

The pieced backing:

 
I was pleased with how even and pretty straight my machine quilting was -I am still learning this skill:
 
 
Two close ups of the blocks:
 




The whole quilt:
 
 
Now just waiting for the baby to be born so I can make a label.
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. lovely for a baby and sure to make the baby a cat lover as he/she grows up

    ReplyDelete