Sunday 23 April 2017

Spools & Strings & other things

After I had put away my tiny 9Patch blocks yesterday I made some 5" single colour String blocks.
As I had been sewing the 9Patches I made a few Spool blocks, Leaders & Enders style.

6 of each to add to my growing stash.
Here they are:
 
 
 
Last night was Awards and Quiz Night for the Hospital Radio Station where I have been a member since March 1997.
 
I broadcast every week, was Duty Producer of the Wednesday evening team for around 11 years but now I only write and produce special programmes.  Since I was ill 5 years ago I am wary of visiting the wards as I don't want to lay myself open to infections. This is a sadness for me because I loved going round the wards, chatting to patients and their visitors, collecting requests and then being on air for 2 hours, creating and delivering a Request Show programme with my team.  We had lots of fun and the patients loved the shows.
 
However, last night I had a lovely surprise, as I was awarded with my
20 years HBA - Hospital Broadcasting Association - certificate.
 

It was a lovely evening, good fun with the Quiz (3 Radio friends and my husband).  We called ourselves III + II as we were 3 ladies and 2 men!  Very tight match only a few points between us and the winners.  Lots of laughter and  conversation. They're a good crowd.

So today has been Church, a bit of gardening (lots to do but my cold has stopped me doing much this week), housework and now I'm off to get our tea, a Prawn Stir fry.
 
 

1 comment:

  1. congratulations on 25 years on hospital radio you must brighten up the lives of the patients. Your blocks are coming along well. I am waiting for a new telephone directory will not be throwing the old one away anymore as I want to try the string blocks, I was reading that you can use muslin but why buy that when the paper is free! The quiz might sounds great fun and prawn stir fry sounds delicious hope the cold soon clears up for you

    ReplyDelete