Monday 14 November 2016

Charming Charm squares

I have really been enjoying looking through my scraps,strips and squares to find inspiration to make more premature baby quilts. The quilts are fun to make and it's lovely to get the creative juices flowing , finding ways to use up scraps that have languished in my stash for far too long.

The 6 quirky 4" squares are a good example of what I mean!  They have been in my Squares stash for so long I can't even remember where they came from. There were actually 7 of these Charm squares so I still have one left over! Quite cute pictures which I framed with strips from my Strips stash.
A while ago I won a Giveaway and ordered a few metres of fabric that could be used for bindings ( my favourite spots and stripes). The turquoise one with white spots was the fabric I chose for the borders and also the backing of this little quilt. The binding is aqua Kona Cotton also from stash.

The finished quilt measures 16" x 20".

 
Linking up with Nicky's Mrs Sew & Sow's Scraptastic Tuesday - November Link Up

3 comments:

  1. What a sweet quilt! Bright and happy and perfect for a little baby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bravo Linda - you are so generous! Thanks for linking up to #scraptastictuesday!

    ReplyDelete